There are many classic car events around the world which celebrate and pay homage to the years of motorsport that seem like a long-lost distant memory. For us one of those key events is Silverstone Classic. We are really going to miss it this year and would have spent three days there between 31st July to 2nd August.
This family friendly classic racing festival would have been celebrating 30 years this year, but it’s now deferred to next year with provisional dates planned for 30th July to 1st August 2020. Where did it all start? Well here is a little bit of history for you…. In the 1980s, the Monterey Car Week that featured the Monterey Historic Reunion at Laguna Seca, was already a well-established event in the small (but burgeoning) calendar of historic racing events. This event, as well as others its kind, prompted Stuart Graham, former race car driver, to organise a similar festival in the UK on the circuit that hosted the British Grand Prix, Silverstone – Silverstone Classic was born.
At Silverstone Classic there is no doubt that the cars are the stars. It showcases all cars from the sport of motor racing, from iconic single seaters and magical GTs, through to much-loved touring cars and dramatic sports prototypes.
This classic event isn’t just about the paddocks either, it’s always brimming with privately owned classic cars and it’s a joy to attend for many car clubs. With Silverstone Classic Auction you can even bid on something beautiful from yesteryear to make your very own.
This fabulous event which provides a vast celebration of automotive and motorsport history takes in classic car gatherings, parades, live music, grand prix motorbike demonstrations and more will be sorely missed.
We’re reliving our memories from last year. Here’s a gallery to show the weekend’s atmosphere and track action from around the circuit.
FACEBOOK Competition Blog & T&C’sFACEBOOK Competition Blog & T&C’s
How to enter!
To enter this fabulous giveaway, simply:
- Like Classic Additions Facebook Page
- Share the *Competition* post on Facebook
- Answer the question in the comments section of the post
The prize winner will be selected at random on Monday 3rd August and notified by private message in the comments section to obtain an email address and arrange ticket delivery.
Terms and Conditions
By entering a competition on the Classic Additions Facebook page, you are agreeing to Classic Additions storing and using your information for marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third parties.
Entrants are providing information to Classic Additions and not to Facebook.
Entries must be submitted by Saturday 1st August, by no later than 5.00pm.
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. To enter a competition you must be:
(a) UK resident; and
(b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
2. Entries must be posted on Facebook. Facebook entries must like and share the Classic Additions page and tag in one person. Entrants who do not do all three elements will not qualify for entry.
3. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received for any reason.
4. The winner will be randomly selected on Monday 3rd August. Classic Additions reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
5. If you win a competition, we will notify you by Direct Message on Facebook. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within one week, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant.
6. The prize cannot be transferable to another person.
7. No prize or part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or services.
8. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize.
9. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
10. Classic Additions reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. We may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.