LAST UPDATED: 11/10/2022
We have taken steps to ensure that all information we hold is stored in a safe and secure way according to GDPR legislation. We operate a safe and secure website and have taken steps to make sure that shopping on our website keeps your personal data protected.
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Why are we updating our privacy statement?
We now meet the high standards required by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and have updated our privacy statement to reflect that.
Who is collecting your information?
Any information or data you choose to share with us is collected by Classic Additions Ltd, and during the order process a secure payment gateway is used, such as PayPal or SagePay. Our Registered Office is Belmont House, Shrewsbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6LG. Company No. 2512531.
We also use Google's services, of which serves cookies to analyse traffic to this site. Information about your use of our site is shared with Google for that purpose. To view more more information about how google uses this information, please click here.
What information we collect
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- name and job title
- company name
- contact information including telephone number, email address, delivery address & billing address
- Payment details
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. A cookie in no way give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data and information you choose to share with us. You can always accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
How do we collect the information from you?
Your information may be collected or given to us the following ways:
- At the point of purchase, your information will be collected. This may be over the telephone with a member of the team who will manually input your information into our ordering system. If you choose to order online via our website, your information will be collected through the online portal.
- If you choose to sign up to our newsletters, we will collect your email address in order to receive newsletters and offers. This is done via our secure online sign up box on our homepage. You may unsubscribe at any time by either clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the newsletter, or alternatively email or write to us directly.
- If you choose to register an online account with us, then we will collect your details via the website at point of order, and will store this information on a secure online portal. This information is protected by a password which you create.
Why are we collecting your information?
We will collect your data in order to complete purchases, process payments and also for our own internal record keeping.
We will also collect your information so we can inform you of how your order is progressing.
Your information will also be collected if you have requested further details regarding our products and services; or if you have signed up for our email newsletters and promotions and are happy to receive further information about our products and services. We always endeavour to only send information you may find of interest and relevant to you.
How we use your information
We require your information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Processing payments you have made over the telephone or submitted online
- To carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and update you on the progress of your order.
- Internal record keeping.
- Notify you of changes to our products or services.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Use your information to seek your reviews of our products and services that we have provided to you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who will your information be shared with?
When making a payment online or over the telephone, we use a third-party payment processor, who specialises in secure online capture and processing of debit/credit card transactions. These include SagePay and PayPal.
We may pass your information to our service providers for the purposes of completing tasks relevant to your order. If you order a custom made cover from us, we will pass your information to our factory; Profile Covers Ltd.
We will share your personal data with our couriers in order to deliver your goods. This may be with TNT, DHL, DPD, Royal Mail, UPS any other carefully chosen courier service inclusive of their subsidiaries.
We use an online application that allows us to monitor your order and manage your information.
We will also share your email address and name with third parties such as TrustPilot, whose services allow you to leave us a review of our products and services.
These companies are obliged to keep your data safe and secure under their own Privacy Policies and we never sell on any information to third parties.
When legally required, strictly necessary for the performance of the services or to protect our rights, or the rights of our affiliates or uses, we may disclose your personal information to authorities, investigative organisations, our affiliates or in legal proceedings.
We may share your personal information in the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a proportion of our assets. Of course, we shall notify you via email and/or a prominent notice on our website and inform you of your rights.
Who has access to your information?
Classic Additions Ltd employees have access to your personal data, their digital management agencies (who maintain the website and other online digital applications) and service providers have access to retained information. Payment information is not retained or stored by Classic Additions Ltd once a transaction has been completed.
How long we hold your data for
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary, which will be no longer than is needed by law for the Inland Revenue.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling or updating your personal information
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. If you have created an online account, you are able to edit this at any time using the password you have previously created. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential and not shared with anyone else.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us, or clicking on the unsubscribe or optout link in our email marketing emails
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You can email us on email@example.com, call us on 01938 561717 or write to us at Classic Additions Ltd, Upper Farm Barns, Rorrington, Chirbury, Montgomery, Shropshire, SY15 6BX.